Invitation for Social Studies K-12+ Educators
Social Studies education underpins a strong democracy–your participation in this survey regarding the implementation of the College, Career, & Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards will provide documentation that can be used by Social Studies advocates to seek private and federal funding for Social Studies education.
(If you have never heard of C3, please hit reply to email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your state, district, and/or school. This information is very important to the study. All contact information will remain confidential.)
Data will be analyzed and reported in a white paper by Kevin Simpson, Founder, KDSL Global, and Kim O’Neil, NCSS President 2015-16.
The survey will take 10-15 minutes. By completing this survey by September 15th, your name will be placed in a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. Participants may receive a copy of the published white paper if requested. All contact information will remain confidential.
Please participate in this important survey.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me. Please forward this email to as many K-12+ educators as possible. Your time is greatly appreciated!
KDSL Global Founder Kevin Simpson is a new member of the Global Education Conference (GEC) Leadership Team.
“I’d like to welcome another new member of the GEC Leadership Team, Kevin Simpson. Kevin is an education consultant who splits his time between Chicago and Dubai. I first met him in 2012 when I gave a talk at Karen Blumberg’s TEDxNYED event.”
Co-founder and Co-Chair
The Global Education Conference Network is a collaborative, inclusive, world-wide community initiative involving students, educators, and organizations at all levels. Our activities are designed to significantly increase opportunities for connecting classrooms while supporting cultural awareness and recognition of diversity and educational access for all. The event is free and takes place entirely online.
Check out upcoming and future global education events for educators and school around the world.
- Global Collaboration Day https://tackk.com/gcd2017
- Global Education Fair http://www.globaledfair.com/
- Global Education Conference https://www.smore.com/x0ncv-2017-globaledcon-call-for-proposals
To get to know GEC Leadership team members further, here is a list of associated Twitter accounts that you can follow: https://twitter.com/globaledcon/lists/gec-leadership-team-2017/members
To join and for more information on the Global Education Conference Network please visit
5th – What Works in Formative Assessment – 5-6PM Dubai time – Howard Pitler
13th – Learn more about the Computer Science Standards – 7-8PM Dubai time – Tammie Schrader (FREE)
14th – The PSAT, AP and the Khan Academy: What is changing at the College Board and how it will make a difference for your students – 5-6PM Dubai time – Tamsin Thomas (FREE)
19th – Unlocking Curiosity in the Classroom – 5-6PM Dubai time – Howard Pitler
10th – What Exactly Is Depth of Knowledge? – 5-6PM Dubai time – Erik M. Francis
11th – Engaging the Whole Body in Learning: Active Bodies Equal Active Minds – 5-6PM Dubai time – David DenHartog
16th – Sparking High Potential: Encouraging Thinking in Gifted and Advanced Learners – 5-6PM Dubai time – Patti Drapeau
17th – Strategies for Student Engagement – 5-6PM Dubai time – Andrew Miller
21st – Digital Portfolios in the Classroom – 5-6PM Dubai time – Matt Renwick
20th – Strategies for Coaching Teachers – 5-6PM Dubai time – Andrew Miller
For more information email email@example.com.
Dear MENA American curriculum educators,
We are excited to welcome each of you back to your respective school. Our focus for this year will be … keep learning. Whether you are a new school just getting started or a highly established school, each of us has a responsibility in the continuous improvement process.
We are constantly looking at how we can best support schools, teachers, and students. Here is a sample of what you can expect from us during 2017-2018:
- Webinars: Webinars provide the opportunity to learn from expert educators and authors who are based in the United States. We offer free and paid hour-long webinars on topics ranging from instructional strategies, data, standards, and more.
- MENA Teacher Summit: An initiative of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) Connected Community in the GCC, the Teacher Summit seeks to improve teaching and learning and connect education professionals throughout the MENA region to the resources provided by ASCD. Founded in 1943, ASCD is the global leader in developing and delivering innovative programs, products, and services that empower educators to support the success of each learner. This regional event is a platform for teachers to engage and learn with renowned educators and scholars. Topics at the summit will address best practices in leadership, data, curriculum, and English Language Arts, Math and Science. Visit http://www.menateachersummit.com.
- MENA C3 White Paper: How are the C3 social studies standards being implemented in the MENA region? In the USA? This paper will explore these questions and provide educators with resources.
- MENA Learning Portal: An online learning platform, which will offer tools and resources connected to curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional learning and more.
- Leadership Institute of Curriculum and & Instruction: In collaboration with Teacher Leaders International this retreat will be facilitated by instructional experts towards building leadership capacity for implementing standards-based curriculum and instruction.
2017 is a special year for us as we celebrate 10 years of work in 20+ countries with hundreds of partners and thousands of educators and students.
To a great year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 10, 2017
GRAND BLANC, MI – As a leading learning organization focused on empowering educators and education companies globally, KDSL Global today celebrates a decade of serving organizations to increase student achievement, teacher knowledge and education leadership.
The company begin as KDSL USA in Washington, D.C. on August 10, 2007. Over the years they moved operations to Michigan and Dubai and transitioned into KDSL Global. In the last decade they collaborated with hundreds of schools and organizations and thousands of educators and leaders in over twenty countries. The majority of the company’s work has centered on American curriculum schools in the Middle East and North Africa region.
“We started 10 years ago with a collaboration mindset and a commitment to providing top-quality service to our partners in education around the world,” said Kevin Simpson, founder and native of Flint, Michigan. Some of their achievements over the years include: serving leaders, teachers, and students in Venezuela, providing professional learning to American curriculum schools in the United Arab Emirates, coaching leaders in Saudi Arabia and Nigeria on transforming teaching and learning with Pearson Middle East, and partnering with Smart Education and Alpha Publishing to head up professional learning for educators in the Middle East and North Africa.
The company’s approach has played a significant role in their success. Maintaining an active role in the education sector, focusing on collaborating with high will/high skill colleagues, developing new initiatives based on educator needs and requests and delivering one-on-one support consistently has led the team on a continuous learning and professional journey.
KDSL Global will be celebrating the remainder of the year and into 2018. Be on the lookout for their new ventures, the MENA Learning Portal and KDSL Global Gives 10!
ABOUT KDSL Global
KDSL Global is a USA and UAE-based leading learning organization focused on empowering educators and education businesses globally. To find out more information visit http://www.kdslglobal.com.