Dear MENA American curriculum educators,
We are excited to welcome each of you back to your respective school. Our focus for this year will be … keep learning. Whether you are a new school just getting started or a highly established school, each of us has a responsibility in the continuous improvement process.
We are constantly looking at how we can best support schools, teachers, and students. Here is a sample of what you can expect from us during 2017-2018:
- Webinars: Webinars provide the opportunity to learn from expert educators and authors who are based in the United States. We offer free and paid hour-long webinars on topics ranging from instructional strategies, data, standards, and more.
- MENA Teacher Summit: An initiative of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) Connected Community in the GCC, the Teacher Summit seeks to improve teaching and learning and connect education professionals throughout the MENA region to the resources provided by ASCD. Founded in 1943, ASCD is the global leader in developing and delivering innovative programs, products, and services that empower educators to support the success of each learner. This regional event is a platform for teachers to engage and learn with renowned educators and scholars. Topics at the summit will address best practices in leadership, data, curriculum, and English Language Arts, Math and Science. Visit http://www.menateachersummit.com.
- MENA C3 White Paper: How are the C3 social studies standards being implemented in the MENA region? In the USA? This paper will explore these questions and provide educators with resources.
- MENA Learning Portal: An online learning platform, which will offer tools and resources connected to curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional learning and more.
- Leadership Institute of Curriculum and & Instruction: In collaboration with Teacher Leaders International this retreat will be facilitated by instructional experts towards building leadership capacity for implementing standards-based curriculum and instruction.
2017 is a special year for us as we celebrate 10 years of work in 20+ countries with hundreds of partners and thousands of educators and students.
To a great year!